The founder of two companies, DW Bottom Line Pty Ltd (Bottomline) Transition Strategists and DW Behind Closed Doors Pty Ltd, Donny Walford has achieved national success working with Boards, Executive, senior management and business owners across industry, government and the NGO sector.
With an extensive background at Board level, CEO and Executive roles in banking, finance, business associations and government, Donny works at the Board and Executive level of management to drive major strategic change.
Donny’s style in providing guidance to business people is upfront and direct. She begins by asking questions to build rapport and to understand you and your situation, any concerns and challenges and, importantly, your goals and aspirations. Donny provides insightful suggestions and recommendations, to assist you to resolve the challenges or to improve business and personal performance.
Her energy and approach is suited to situations where leaders and entrepreneurs possess big dreams, enjoy moving quickly and are usually facing viability and sustainability challenges in their businesses. Donny is driven by the following values:
- Integrity: Donny is committed to the highest standards of honesty and truthfulness
- Trust: Donny treats every relationship with total confidentiality and sensitivity
- Respect: Donny sets a good example and highly values the views and opinions of others
- Openness: Donny shares her experience, knowledge and networks freely with a direct and open approach
Her Board Directorships include:
- Director, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Director, KeyInvest Ltd (and Chairman, Finance and Investment committee and member of the Remuneration and Nomination Committee and Governance Committee)
- Director, Australian Associated Advisers (Mortgage Origination company)
- Director, SYC Hypa Board
- Director, Heart Foundation SA
- Advisory Board Director, NDA Law
Donny is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and was successful in being selected into the AICD’s Chairman’s mentoring program and completed the Mastering the Boardroom program in 2015.
To balance her exciting and time-consuming business growth strategy, Board commitments and managing three properties, Donny balances work and life with a passion for cycling, running, gym, hot yoga, spin classes and she is “footy tragic” and Crows member. She loves spending time with her family including five grandchildren and friends creating cooking sensations sharing good champagne and red wine.